Lady of Perdition (Benjamin January Mystery #17) (Large Print / Hardcover)
List Price: $36.95
Our Price: $27.71
(Save: $9.24 25%)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 17 in the Benjamin January Mystery series.
- #4: Sold Down the River (Benjamin January Mysteries #4) (Compact Disc): Email or call for price
- #10: Shirt on His Back (Benjamin January Mysteries #10) (Hardcover): $24.71
- #12: Good Man Friday (Benjamin January Mystery #12) (Large Print / Hardcover): $24.71
- #13: Crimson Angel: A Benjamin January Historical Mystery Set in New Orleans and Haiti (Benjamin January Mystery #13) (Large Print / Hardcover): $27.71
- #14: The Drinking Gourd: A Historical Mystery Involving the Underground Railway of the Deep South (Benjamin January Mystery #14) (Hardcover): $24.71
- #15: Murder in July: Historical Mystery Set in New Orleans (Benjamin January Mystery #15) (Hardcover): $24.71
- #16: Cold Bayou: A Historical Mystery Set in New Orleans (Benjamin January Mystery #16) (Hardcover): $21.74
- #18: House of the Patriarch (Benjamin January Mystery #18) (Hardcover): $21.74
Benjamin January heads to the Slaveholders' Republic of Texas to locate a kidnapped girl and help a woman who saved him from the noose. April, 1840. Benjamin January knows no black person in their right mind would willingly go to the Republic of Texas but when his former pupil Selina Bellinger is kidnapped and enslaved, he has no choice. Once there he is saved from being hanged by Valentina Taggart, wife of the wealthy landowner of Rancho Perdition. After Valentina is accused of the murder of her husband, she in turn calls on Benjamin for help. To do so, he must abandon the safe haven of New Orleans, where people know he's a free man, to return to the self-proclaimed Slaveholders' Republic. In a land still disputed between vengeful Comanche, disgruntled Mexican Tejanos, Americans who want to join the United States and those who want to keep Texas free, January must uncover what happened to Valentina's husband. Behind lies, betrayals and rising political tensions lies the answer . . . but finding it could cost Ben his life.